Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My milk shakes bring all the boys to the yard

So here I am feeling like I'm in some bizarre skin head limbo. The two angry drunk fellas are surveying the room with malice intent as a group of Asian kids have taken over the pool tables.

I am in the process of doing my laundry in the common area where an array of people much younger than myself, are engaged in conversations, playing ping pong or snogging on the couches at the end of the room. Could it get any stranger? Why yes it could. People are now dancing to "My milkshakes bring all the boys to yard.". You can't make this stuff up folks.

In a few days I will cross the Cook Straight over to the South Island. Over the next month I have one insane great walk after another. As soon as I get to Nelson I will head off to the Abel Tasman Coastal track, then back to Nelson, re-supply and off to the Heaphy track. After that it gets even crazier.

Maybe this place isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment