Thursday, January 20, 2011

Across to the South Island

Last evening I met Jon after work and we went back to his house for another meal. Barbecued locally made lamb sausages, great beer and an amazing cheesecake made by Tanya. It's strange how you meet people that you never anticipated meeting and you make an instant connection. (Thanks John! AKA Elvis). Their beautiful and energetic little girls Sascha and Nadia stole a piece of my heart and I will remember this wonderful family with a smile on my face.

The next morning Tanya and the girls picked me up outside the hostel and drove me to the inter islander ferry. On a cloudy Friday, I crossed from the North to the South Island and caught a bus from Picton to Nelson. The Drive in to Nelson was nothing but stunning vistas of vineyards, cloud covered mountains and sweeping tree covered valleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment