Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Meeting the locals

What a crazy world. Here I am floundering around at the bottom of the North Island in the beautiful city of Wellington when I hear from my best friend, John AKA "Elvis," Costello. John is apparently involved as part of a covert on-line community bent on the destruction of the civilized Western world. Apparently he and other like-minded fellows, play war games and strategize world war two battles that occurred in places such as Normandy. (Hard to believe John has such a beautiful wife and children). It just so happens that one of the chaps that he plays with lives here in Wellington.

Jon...from Wellington met me at my hostel after he was done work. He stopped by and we headed to the waterfront area for a few beers and a chat. It was cool enough that he took the time to do this but then we were sitting there having a beer and he says "do you have a car with you?" Anyone who has followed my blog knows that cars, New Zealand and I, are not a good combination. Turns out Jon was offering me the use of a car while in Wellington. After the beers we hopped a bus back to his house for a meal where I met his partner and their two adorable children.

Jon....if you get a chance to see this...thank you so much for your hospitality. You live in an awesome place and you have a wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment