Saturday, January 15, 2011

I want to thank my daughter Halley for her quiet inner strength and her determination to live a happy life filled with love for her family, Cameron and her many friends. Your smile is infectious and the note that you hid in my bag makes me smile whenever I feel alone. So many of us complain about our aches and pains and the variety of ailments that we have to deal with. You were dealt an unfair hand as a little girl and have never let this disease define you. You are truly my hero and I know that one day you will live a life free of needles and constant worry.

I also want to thank your mommy and my best friend and wife Bobbi. It is easy for me to be out here living my dream raising awareness and trying to get donations. From the day you were diagnosed it has been your mother who's strength made everything possible. I remember when I got to the hospital and cried when I saw you, so little sitting on that big hospital bed. Your mom told me that I needed to pull it together so that I didn't scare you and make things worse. So much for the big world adventurer.

It was your mom who learned everything about type 1 diabetes and who knew how to calculate the right doses of insulin and measure carbohydrate intake. It was your mother who with her usual strength of character, learned everything that needed to be learned, and who instilled that knowledge and sense of independence in you.

I also want to thank all of you who have stepped up and donated on behalf of my little girl. there is no more important gift that I could receive from all of you as it helps to move us forward in our search for better technologies and hopefully a cure. Your kindness inspires me and demonstrates to my family and daughter that anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment