Friday, February 4, 2011

Nelson to Christchurch to Dunedin

This constant travel thing can be quite frustrating. Up early in Nelson and then five plus hours on a bus to Christchurch. Spent over an hour walking around the city looking for a cheap place. Finally....yet another hostel. Sharing toilets, showers and another dirty room. Up early again and another five hours further South down the East coast to the Otago peninsula. Once again saw many seals sunning themselves on the rocks as we drove along the coastline. Wish I had more time to stay in the area as there are many seal, sea-lion and penguin colonies. Who knows maybe on the way back from Stewart Island. This walking mission can be frustrating as I am always on the move. Another cheap room and five dollars for an hour of Internet.

I do have to say the drive in to Dunedin was once again, beautiful. It reminded me of the Scottish Highlands around Ben Nevis. Green rolling mountains and then a drive down into the Valley by the sea. Another night...hanging out with myself, watching the world go by. Oh well at least I get to get up early and head off on a bus in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment